Senior Staffy Club was set up after I adopted two Senior Staffies separately - the adorable Buster (lying dow on the right) who had been waiting 8 months in kennels for a new home, and the beautiful Madge who was in the pound and due to be put to sleep. Buster and Madge adored one another and were best pals until sadly Buster passed away.
Both dogs were never any trouble - house trained, not destructive, good with people and other dogs so why did they spend all that time waiting? Simply because they were Senior Staffies.
Hence Senior Staffy Club was formed to help all the others like them who are still searching for rescue help and new homes.
Senior Staffy Club's aims are:
- rescue and rehome Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Staffy Cross dogs aged 7yrs and over
- to help promote Senior Staffies in other rescues who are looking for a new home
- to recruit foster carers who have been homechecked by us and who can then offer a comfy space for a Senior Staffy in need
In the future we aim to offer:
- free / reduced cost neutering and microchipping
- educational / community input realting to dog welfare
“I wouldn't be without my senior now ... he is such a joy to have around."
Miss Hewitt, Senior Staffy owner
Please take a look around the site and read about the dogs looking for homes and please also visit the 'How you can help' page.
The more people who can help - by adopting, fostering, fundraising or donating - the more Senior Staffies we can help.
Thank you x