Whilst we are in lockdown and observing Government guidelines we have had to put our rescuing work on hold as we cannot take in or re-home any Seniors at the moment. Everyone at Senior Staffy Club has been finding this difficult, as we cannot do the very thing we want to do and are actually set up to do, which is help Senior Staffies in need.
We recognise that during this period many people will be finding that their usual financial situation has changed overnight for a variety of reasons; being out of work, on furlough, or by contracting Covid-19 itself.
This could mean that the financial plans they may normally have in place to enable them to cover any potential vet costs for their Seniors may have had to be altered or diverted to cover other costs, which is yet another added stress at this time.
We have therefore decided during this lockdown period to provide a fund to be used as a Coronavirus Crisis Fund. This will be used to offer some financial assistance to anyone who since the lockdown, has been faced with a sudden change to their financial situation, and who is suddenly facing an emergency, unexpected vet bill for their Senior Staffy.
Unfortunately our pockets are not quite as deep as Mr Sunak’s!…. we will be only able to offer assistance up to a certain amount and for certain criteria; therefore the fund will be limited to…
- Senior Staffies or Staffy Cross dogs 7 years plus
- And owners affected financially as of 1st March 2020 due to the Coronavirus crisis – so having had to claim Universal Credit, been made redundant, furloughed or affected financially from contracting Covid-19.
- All decisions, and the amount of contribution to be donated by SSC, will be made on a case by case basis, up to a maximum of £1,000, for the costs of initial treatment
To see if you are eligible to access the fund;
- in the first instance call either 07825 750551 or 07513 591784 to discuss the application
- if we agree to offer help you will be given a code to access the online application form
- once the completed form is received we will speak to your vet
- any donation agreed for vets costs will be paid direct to the vets treating your dog.
If you would like to donate to the fund so that we can help as many as possible during this time it would be greatly appreciated. All monies donated will be ring fenced for the fund to help Senior Staffies whose owners have been affected financially by the Coronavirus Crisis.
To donate visit – https://www.totalgiving.co.uk/mypage/coronaviruscrisisfund-staffies