We often have need of volunteer dog walkers at the kennels in the Stoke and Worcester areas. If you are at all interested please complete the Volunteer Form on this website. All volunteer dog walkers must be 18 years old or over.
The role covers/requires:
Role Summary – To walk the dogs who are waiting in kennels to be adopted
Key Activities –
- To walk the dogs to give them a break from kennels
- Interact and play with them to help assessment of them
- Provide information to SSC Kennel Manager regarding the dogs and their behaviour etc on walks or any potential health issues that may need acting on.
Time Commitments – Couple of hours a week (or more if you wish). You will be asked to state each week what time slot (morning or afternoon) and day you are willing to attend for the rota to be completed.
Experience/Skills/Knowledge/Personal Qualities –
- Experience around dogs preferable
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to follow SSC policies / instructions regarding handling the dogs to ensure your own and the dogs’ safety
Details of Training Provided – Support and guidance given by SSC Kennel Managers
Transport – Own transport required
We are sorry but children are not allowed to routinely accompany dog walkers on walks with the dogs – only on occasions when express permission has been asked and granted by a SSC committee member.