Home Checkers are amongst the key volunteers for the Senior Staffy Club. Their visits to prospective adopters’ homes and subsequent reports to the Adoption Team allied to information provided via our online forms allow for the appropriate adoption decisions to be made. If you have the experience and feel this is a role for you, please complete our online Volunteer Form.
The role covers/requires:
Role Summary – To visit prospective adoptive homes for our dogs.
Key Activities –
- To contact propective adopters to arrange a home visit
- Visit the home at the agreed time and date
- Complete our home visit form and return it completed via email for consideration
- Take photogrpahs of the garden and email to us.
Time Commitments – As and when required – 1 to 2 hours per visit.
Experience/Skills/Knowledge/Personal Qualities –
- Good people and communication skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Some IT skills to receive and complete forms and return via email together with photographs if required
- Experience of dog ownership – you do not need to be an expert but should have an understanding of what is required to look after a dog properly on a daily basis
- Ability to follow instructions and our procedures as required
Details of Training Provided – Support offered by the Admin Team.
Transport – Own transport required